A backyard swimming pool can make for almost unlimited family fun, put great exercise close at hand and add value to your home. For the area around Phoenix, swimming pool season is close at hand, and the sooner you get started on your Arizona pool construction project the more time you’ll have to enjoy it before fall rolls around again.
If you’re thinking seriously about installing a pool, it’s probably because you’re looking forward to hours and hours of relaxation. But rushing into an agreement with the wrong Valley pool builder could result in weeks and weeks of headaches and frustration. Not all Phoenix pool contractors are the same – far from it! – and some of the people you may encounter offering Phoenix pool construction services may not really be qualified to build pools or to build the kind of pool you want. And of course, a few who put themselves out as pool professionals are outright scammers.
In pool construction, as with pretty much every other trade or craft, quality work costs money, but it’s well worth it in the end. Remember, there’s a well-founded saying that goes, “If you think the cost of a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur.” In pool construction, hiring a contractor that is amateurish (or worse) could mean:
- a yard that’s torn up for months, and stays torn up because the “contractor” goes out of business or leaves town after pocketing thousands of your hard-earned dollars
- damage to your home or property for which your pool builder does not carry the proper liability insurance
- violations of zoning laws or building codes that may require costly demolition and reconstruction to get into compliance
- improper or missing safety features that put your pool in violation of state law or city ordinances, put your children at greater risk of drowning and put you at greater risk of a lawsuit
- faulty construction and/or shoddy materials that make your supposedly long-term investment turn out to be a unsafe, unsightly or unusable in just a few years
To avoid these nightmares, don’t take the plunge into pool construction with any individual or company who:
- only has a background in pool repair or maintenance, rather than construction
- has been building pools for less than 10 years
- boasts only about how many pools they’ve built, how cheaply they can build them or how quickly they can get yours done
- won’t provide a long list of potential references from which you are free to choose a few to call at random
- won’t let you visit their office – perhaps because they don’t even have one
- doesn’t have accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, or doesn’t have a rating of “A” or above
- is not a member in good standing of the Association of Pool and Spa Professional (APSP), and National Plasterers Council (NPC)
- cannot provide you with their Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC) license number, or gives you a number that doesn’t check out (and do be sure to check!)
- presents you with a construction contract that doesn’t specify materials to be used or subcontractors to be employed
- pressures you into quickly signing their contract, and seems uncomfortable if you suggest having an attorney review it
Based in Scottsdale, swimming pool contractor Hop Cassidy Pools has a long history of building top-quality pools all over the Valley of the Sun for discriminating homeowners and for home builders with the highest standards. Hop Cassidy has achieved a stellar reputation during our 25 years in the pool construction business. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and we’re licensed to build both residential (ROC #B-05 091104) and commercial (ROC #A-09 110818) pools. Call the pool professionals at Hop Cassidy today at 480-905-8780 for a no-obligation consultation, and work with a contractor that will make building your dream pool almost as carefree as lounging in it on a hot Arizona afternoon.